Thursday, March 11, 2010

Update

Sorry its been so long since I last posted! I am on Spring Break this week (it's almost over =(( ) and was in KY for a few days and had no internet.

Anyway, last week I weighed in and gained 1.6 lbs.

Okay, honestly, Im not making excuses, but Im pretty sure it wasnt a real gain. I weighed in on my scale at home that morning too and I was at 167 and the next day when I weighed I was 165 (my scale is about 2 lbs more than the WW scale).
So, I dont know why that happened, or what I ate, but it was off. I didnt eat badly enough that week to gain and I honestly think I at least maintained. My weigh in just happened to land on the wrong day, lol.

Anyway, moving on from that, THIS week is the week I should gain. I havent eaten badly, but I havent eaten well either. Since I was in Kentucky I was eating out almost every meal. There are a couple places there that I never get to eat at, so I treated myself to things I would not have treated myself to otherwise.
Even though I will be disappointed if I gain, I will understand why.

This week, Anna (my WW friend and fellow blogger) blogged about eating non processed foods all week and I may challenge myself to do this starting this Monday. I want to start eating less processed foods anyway, and I know it will help with my weight loss.

For the past month or so, my weight loss has sucked. I know why and I know what I need to do to fix it. It really sucks that being a broke ass college student makes it so hard to stay on track. Im going to sacrifice all the money I have left from my paycheck to get good foods for next week.

I just have to start seeing results. Im beginning to start have negative feelings about myself and my weight loss journey and that is not going to help me. I find myself constantly trying to be positive, because I know that beating myself up about things will not do anything for me. I am not quitting this time. Im just not. I have to do this for myself. I have to be completely selfish and only think of me when it comes to this. I have to take care of myself because no one else can! This is important. I am important. Sometimes I have a hard time remembering that I am doing this for myself and that I want this. I want this more than anything I have ever wanted in my life.
I need this to work this time, and it will. If it takes me 5 years to get this stupid weight off of me, I will wait 5 damn years.

Anyway, enough rambling. I definitely feel good about this next week. I will LOSE at my weigh in after this one. I may lose this Saturday, but I dont want to set myself up for disappointment.
I can do this, and to anyone who is reading this; You can too. So, let's do this...

2 comments:

  1. I think you absolutely have to be selfish. It's the only way to be with weight loss. It's good to see you haven't lost determination. I know you'll start losing! I think the no processed foods thing has helped a lot;I just feel a lot better so I definitely recommend it. You can also eat beans and rice, which are cheap, if you don't want to buy super expensive crap. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love beans and rice!!! lol
    Its probably one of the most filling things ever.

    ReplyDelete