Thursday, March 4, 2010

Okay Day

Today was an alright day. I didnt have a fabulous day but I didnt have a terrible one either. I did not track AGAIN, but I dont believe I went over my points by much if I went over them at all. Karissa and I went to McCallister's and I had an awesome sandwich, which probably wasnt terrible by itself, but it came with a mound of chips. I could have picked a different side, but I wasnt expecting so many chips and thought I would just splurge a little. I dont control myself very well around any kind of potato. lol. I think my semi-irish blood has something to do with it.
Anyway, they also had amazing sweet tea and I had two huge cups of it. The only other thing I ate today was a big bowl of chicken veggie soup when I got home with some bread. And later in the night a fiber one bar. Anyway, it wasnt a good example of how to appropriately use your points, but it is what it is. Every day is not going to be perfect. This is not a diet. This is how I plan on living the REST of my life. One day at a time.
Sure, I could eat salads and veggies all day long and eat "diet" foods, but that is NOT realistic. That is setting yourself up for failure. Sure, I could lose a lot of weight quickly, but I would gain it right back. There will always be good days and bad days and I am prepared to continue on this journey for the rest of my life. The day I hit goal will not be the end of it, but simply another chapter.

This next week is Spring Break and will be a challenge because most of the time I will be out of state and at the mercy of the family I am staying with and the restaurants we decide to go to. Im going to try and focus and do the best I can. I dont know how much exercise I will be able to fit it, but I will at least try to go on a couple of walks. Kentucky is pretty in some areas so perhaps I will convince my mom to go walk around the neighborhood with me.


Anyway, sorry to blabber. I guess that is what this thing is for. More soon!

2 comments:

  1. When are you going to kentucky?
    I also am a failure around potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im leaving Sunday night and coming back Wednesday I think

    ReplyDelete