Friday, February 27, 2009

My Almost Sort of Wreck

On my way home from Murfreesboro last night I was having a nice time jamming out to some Regina Spektor and having myself a nice little drive. (For you Tennesseeans, I was on I-40 , just before the Old Hickory Blvd. exit.) When all of this sudden in front of me I see this huge object. Since the object was dark and it was dark outside, I hardly had any time at all to slow down or move over. At first I though it might have been a big bag of trash. I looked over to my right and left and realized that I had no other choice but to run straight into this object. This object turned out to be a HUGE pile of bed frame accompanied by a metal rusty headboard with big scary spikes on it. When I ran into/over it, it sounded like I had run straight into another vehicle, the bang was so loud. I felt sure that I had messed up my front axel, torn the front of my car to pieces, or at least popped a tire. I called my dad and somewhat whimpered into the phone what had happened. (I was very upset seeing as I have never ever been in any kind of accident and I was afraid my car was royally screwed over) I got off at the Bellevue exit and pulled into Regal (my place of work, right off the interstate). I was excited and stunned at the same time that my car had no damage to the appearance of it. The only damage I have found so far is the guard under my front end is kinda messed up. Unfortunately my phone had died by this point so I went in and borrowed someone's inside. I called metro police and reported what happened and suggested they go get it out of the road. I was extremely lucky that things went well for me and am suprised someone did not get into a wreck because of it. Anyway, I drove home fine and did not notice anything wrong with the car. Dad is gonna check under the car tomorrow to make sure all is well there. Metro called me back and let me know that a couple other vehicles ran into the big pile of metal shit and that the guy who dropped it is willing to pay damages if there are any. Crazy Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment