Friday, August 13, 2010

Day One- Doing it Right Challenge

Today went alright. I was much more busy and rushed than I thought I would be, so that messed up my planning a bit. But, it was definitely much better than I have been doing. I went to a Mary Kay party at my friend's house and that was the biggest fail of the day. Calorie wise, I think I did alright today, but I basically wasted my lunch on snacks at the party. I think finger food and stuff like that is one of my biggest challenges.
As far as eating clean goes, I did okay. Not perfect, but much less processed than I have been eating. Progress is what is important to me. As long as every day (or at least almost every day) is a little bit better than the day before that, then I feel like I am accomplishing something.
Im so excited for the benefits of this new lifestyle. I went a whole day without feeling any symptoms of my IBS and didnt feel bloated at all (even after the snacking, haha).
Im still working on the no soda thing. I always cave with diet drinks, because I make the excuse that it's not compromising my weight loss, which is really bullshit.

Anyway, I really feel inspired and excited still. I think part of it is keeping yourself excited. For me that means a lot of reading materials and documentaries on netflix, lol. I need to go to the library and stock up on some nutrition books to peruse.

Speaking of Nutrition, Im really excited to start my new semester at school. I am taking Community Nutrition and Food and Culture in the US. Im super excited about the second one. Hopefully these classes will also help keep me inspired.

Hope everyone is having a good week. If you still read this, let me know please. Sometimes I feel like Im talking to myself, haha. Even if I am, I suppose it doesnt really matter. It helps me stay motivated, and that's the important part.

No comments:

Post a Comment